New students’ acceptance process must meet the principles of fair, accountable, transparent and non-discriminatory while still paying attention to the potential of prospective students and university criteria. Special Committee for Student Admission (Panitia Khusus Seleksi Mahasiswa Baru) is in charge of monitoring and analyzing the process of student admission. The results are evaluated every year by referring to the standard passing grade determined by ISO. The capacity of new students is proposed by each faculty by considering the ratio of lecturers and students, as well as infrastructure.
The student admission guidelines are available at https://spmb.uns.ac.id/jalur-masuk/jenjang?jenjang=s1
Prospective students must meet the following standards:
- Graduated from high school or equivalent from science majors
- Passed the selection of student admissions organized by UNS, which includes academic (science and technology, English, academic potential test), psychological, and medical tests.
There are 3 entry schemes based on the Regulation of the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education Number 126 Year 2016 on the Admission of New Students at State University for Undergraduate Program:
- National Selection of State University Admission (Seleksi Nasional Masuk Perguruan Tinggi Negeri/SNMPTN). SNMPTN is a national selection based on the academic portfolio and results of previous academic achievements, such as academic records of 1-5 semesters for high school graduates, or academic records of 1-7 semesters for vocational high school graduates. https://ltmpt.ac.id/
- Joint Selection of State University Admission (Seleksi Bersama Masuk Perguruan Tinggi Negeri/SBMPTN). SBMPTN is a selection based on the results of a written test (paper-based or computer-based), or a combination of written and skills test, conducted jointly under the coordination of the central committee. https://ltmpt.ac.id/
- UNS Independent Selection (Seleksi Mandiri UNS/SM-UNS). SM-UNS is an independent selection based on data processing of SBMPTN results. Participants of SM-UNS must already undertake SBMPTN in the same year.
International Student Admission
Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) invites prospective international students to study in UNS through self-funding and the UNS Scholarship scheme. UNS Scholarship provides a tuition fee waiver for new international students seeking a bachelor, master, and doctor degree. However, UNS Scholarship is not available for study programs in the Faculty of Medicine or Medical Sciences. For more information please visit https://spmb.uns.ac.id/berita/show?id=133