Before doing study activities, students must apply for a study plan in each initial semester. They fill the study plan form via an academic portal for applying for study plan in a specified period, after students have met all requirements. In applying for the study plan, students must consult with their academic advisors to get approval.
If students are late to fill the study plan form from a specified time, they will lose academic rights in the semester period.
Academic Advisor has responsibilities to:
- Give quality academic counseling.
- Motivate their students to be quality and successful learners.
- Lead their students to make planning, intelligent in the process of learning in UNS, so that they are able to graduate complying with specified programs and competency.
- Help their students possess the competency to internalize glorious values of UNS
- Help their students develop intellectual character commendably.
- Motivate their students to become graduates who always adapt to sciences and technology progress.
Requirements to apply for a study plan/fill study plan form :
Students fill the study plan form in SIAKAD online (via a computer connected to the internet).
Pursuant to a specified time, students take the print out of KRS (Study Plan Card) in the Academic and Student Division.
Print out of KRS is copied in two duplicates; furthermore, they come to academic advisors to have the copies approved.
If the academic advisor is still absent in a time of KRS approval, the head of Laboratory of academic advisor approves the relevant copies
Approved KRS is submitted to Academic and Student Division (original), Academic advisor (duplicate), student (duplicate); after that, they get proof of admission from Academic and Student Division.
If students do not submit the approved KRS to the Academic and Student Division, the concerned students do not get registration as active students to follow academic activities in the semester.
Students have the chance to change KRS at no later than 2 (two) weeks after the lecture starts.
They have the chance to cancel KRS no later than the fourth week after the lecture starts.
Students must get approval from the Academic advisors to change and cancel their KRS.